Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Has Anyone Else Experienced a Problem with the Comment System? (And a Note on the Niddah Post)




I just got an email from a fellow who has been unable to comment.  Does anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot this technical problem?  Maybe there's a series of troubleshooting questions I can ask him?

Also:

This particular commenter had a concern (as did another person who emailed me privately) about my recent post about the Niddah being prohibited by custom from praying during menstruation.

So I'd like to say that if anyone wants to write a definitive rebuttal to any part of that post, please email the rebuttal to me (or post it as a comment) and I'll add it very conspicuously to the original post.  If the rebuttal is persuasive then I'll happily concede the point.

However, I should point out that my underlying point about rabbinic mysogyny stands independent of whether there is a halachic endorsement (e.g. Kitzur Shulchan Aruch) of the custom for a Niddah to abstain from prayer during her period of ritual impurity.  The indisputable proof of rabbinic misogyny is found in the halachically mandated Jewish prayer (e.g. "Blessed are you...for not making me a woman").


No comments:

Post a Comment