Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Word was G-d: Why a Loving G-d Needed to Take a Human Form





In Greek thought, Logos is the Word (or message), Pathos is the heart (empathy), and Ethos is the speaker.  You need this trinity for communication to take place.

We also see this dynamic in the G-dhead (Trinity):

G-d is the Word:
"In the beginning was the Word (Logos), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
G-d is the empathizing Spirit:
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws," (Ezekiel 36:26-27)
G-d is the Speaker:
"So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me," (John 8:28)
Why did G-d need to take a human form?  Because, absent a human form, He is transcendent and unknowable:
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.  As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts," (Isaiah 55:8-9).
This is why it's important for people to believe that Yeshua was G-d:  this is the besorah!  The Good News, that G-d loves us enough to come down to our level so that we can have a relationship with Him!  How can you really love someone who isn't living with you?  G-d wants to walk with us so that we can truly be His People:
"I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people,"  (Lev. 26:12)
He wants to dwell with us:
"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth," John 1:14
The deity of Yeshua IS the message of G-d's love.  That's why it's so disturbing that some segments of the Messianic movement are rejecting this core doctrine!

May G-d give us wisdom to combat false teachings.  May He empower us to speak the Besora!






No comments:

Post a Comment