Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Talmud Calls Yeshua a Liar

So the Talmud quotes a third-century "Sage" who, indirectly, calls Yeshua a liar:

"R. Abbahu said:  'If a man says to you:  'I am God'--he is a liar;  (if he says) 'I am the son of man'--in the end people will laugh at him; (if he says) 'I will go up to heaven'--he says, but shall not perform'. (y. Taan. 2:65b)" [as quoted from The Separation of Early Christianity from Judaism by Dacy]

Compare that with what Yeshua said in John 8:

John 8:58-59  "58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds."



So when Derek Leman and Boaz Michael and the UMJC and the MJRC tell you that you're a heretic for rejecting rabbinic authority and that even the conversations of rabbinic sages are "Torah", you tell them that you're going to follow Yeshua rather than the rabbinic sages.




13 comments:

  1. ...sorry about the wrong date on my last post...
    I was thinking further on Derek's way of defining Torah (as not that which is written only)...

    Isaiah 8:20 To the Torah and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because they have no dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So my point is... for Derek this verse must be understood
    1st) Only as applying to Jews
    2nd) because he states "Torah is not just what is written, but it is the way the community through tradition and ongoing commentary and conversation come to understand its ways over time..." then for any Jew to speak something contrary to the Torah (as he describes it) they must be in the dark...

    Am I being reasonable here or am I way off base?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I understand? Could you rephrase?

      Delete
  3. Derek and Boaz are two goyim who went through a fake conversion and now they think that they can teach Jews how to be Jews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What makes a conversion fake?

    ReplyDelete
  5. When it is not biblical. Nowhere in Scriptures does it mandate a ritual of conversion which makes one Jewish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of the problem here is the terminology: Jew means ethnic identity. Jewish means either ethnic identity or religious identity but primarily ethnic identity. Judaize means to become "like" a Jew (but not to become a Jew).

      Thus, a Gentile can never become a Jew but will always remain his own ethnicity (e.g. Italian, German, etc).

      But a Gentile can rightly refer to himself as an Israelite if he is covenanted through Yeshua.

      Did I get that right, Dan?

      Delete
    2. Yes. Circumcision cannot change one's ethnicity.

      Delete
  6. I didn't know that Boaz underwent some sort of conversion. Is that documented somewhere? I find this fascinating! They do the very things they preach against. They say that Gentiles should be segregated from Jews--yet they act upon a desire to integrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Boaz's own words...
      Of course I think there is more to the story...

      http://boazmichael.org/about-me/

      Delete
  7. Speaking of Biblical, where in the Apostolic Scriptures does it say that when the Gentiles became disciples of Yeshua, the Jewish disciples started calling them "Israelites?" I don't believe James created that status for the Gentile disciples in Acts 15 when he established halakhah for the Gentiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matthew 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...sorry I miss read your question...

      Delete