Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Is Your Food Making You Sick? Try a Biblical Diet!

I love my country, I do.  But we are terrible when it comes to eating healthful foods.  I'm not going to judge anyone out there because I'm guilty of putting unhealthful things into my body.  But we need to work together and figure out how to change some bad habits.

One of the reasons why I love my wife is that she teaches me about food and makes sure to get the 100% whole grain bread for us.  Why is 100% whole grain important?  Because if it doesn't say 100% then they've essentially taken out the following components of the whole grain:

Bran:  which contains B vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants that fight cancer

Germ (it's actually better for you than it sounds):  which contains B vitamins, proteins, minerals, healthy fats.

A book my wife recommends on this subject is The Maker's Diet written by Jordan Rubin.  I haven't read it but I've had other Messianics tell me that it saved their lives.  One friend of mine was wasting away until he learned from this book that he had a gluten allergy.

May G-d bless our movement and help us to live healthful lives!  L'chaim!

No comments:

Post a Comment