Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Wife and I were Playing Bible Trivia and...Question: 35



One of the questions in the Bible Trivia game referred to Zechariah 13:9... I don't remember the question but this passage has always baffled me.  It says:

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

Question 35:

Does anyone understand this prophecy?  

2 comments:

  1. I personally understand this to mean, a sad tragedy is coming to the land of Israel some day... where 2/3 will be wiped out. Which is God purifying the land. Some believe this has already happened, I think it is coming in the future. And I think it comes before the day of the Lord, in Zech 14, where then the nations will experience God's wrath. This is only my opinion, we will have to wait an see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you believe there's any way to ascertain when in the future it might occur?

      Delete