Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Romans Road vs. Jewish Road: Question 18


So those who've grown up in Christian circles are probably familiar with the evangelistic method known as the Romans Road.  It goes like this:

Romans 3:23 NKJV – for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Romans 3:10 NKJV – As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one;
Romans 5:12 NKJV – Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned–
Romans 6:23 NKJV – For the wages of sin [is] death, but the gift of God [is] eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 5:8 NKJV – But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 10:9-10 NKJV – that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation
Romans10:13 NKJV – For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”

This is a pretty good outline for how to share the gospel.  

The only problem is once you share this message and the person responds to it and says "Where can I go to learn more about this?"

ON TO THE QUESTION...

QUESTION 18:

If you're Messianic or Hebrew Roots but you don't have such a congregation in your area and you're witnessing to someone, to which congregation do you direct them to learn more?  A Christian congregation?  [I don't claim to have answers here;  I'm just asking]


6 comments:

  1. The closest thing to your beliefs. Don't have one? Start one.

    I hear, often, that folks can't find a congregation near them. Too often, it's just that the people are too rigid in their beliefs. It's OK if the congregation disagrees with you on some things. We are, after all, disciples of Yeshua. There are truly less than a handful of critical issues that should prevent fellowship.

    Peter, are there really zero congregations near you (say, within an hour's drive) that don't love Yeshua and Torah?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to see about how to start one... Yeah, there's two nearby but they're not good options: one is where my wife's ex goes and so she doesn't want to go anywhere near there (the guy left her and they had a legal divorce). The other one is led by the Rabbi who persuaded her to marry that moron and who is against remarriage. He actually taught this belief to the entire congregation so that now they look down on her for having gotten remarried. But to give you an idea how strong his beliefs are, it was a week before our wedding and the Rabbi called our officiant and convinced him somehow to not marry us. I don't even know how he found the guy's name and number. But, anyway, we've been happily married for four years now. Oh, and the other thing was that he pronounced a curse on our marriage--a curse which I immediately rejected right there in his office. I said "I reject that curse in Yeshua's name." My dad said to not go back there anymore, which I think is a good idea. My wife's mother has also stopped going there. Ah, drama. I wish people weren't so uptight. I just wanna find a place that's laid back, where the people don't take themselves so seriously.

      Delete
  2. Or, you could attend a church, Peter. If there were no mainstream synagogues around and no MJ congregations (granted, not my ideal situation), I would probably attend a friendly church, or at least become friends with Christian believers and try to meet with them on a regular basis. Can't imagine myself sitting at home for months and never participating in some sort of a regular communal religious gathering, certainly not long term.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Gene, you're probably right... Wait, what am I saying?! : )

    I kid. It's a good suggestion. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete